The Energy and Environmental Management in Developing Countries programme offered at Europa-Universität Flensburg qualifies professionals to work in key positions of the energy industry, governments, NGOs and International Organisations. To take into account the different situation and the specific objectives of sustainable development in industrialised and in developing countries the programme offers two branches of specialisation: "Energy and Environmental Management in Industrialised Countries" and "Energy and Environmental Management in Developing Countries". Both specialisations offer a thorough training in energy and environmental economics, energy technology and energy management.
The objective of the study course is to qualify students for employment as professionals in the energy sector. More specifically the course qualifies students:
- to recognise and analyse energy and environmental problems,
- to facilitate and manage the process of sustainable problem solving.
Apart from the subject-oriented competencies the course focuses on key qualifications such as:
- the ability to recognise problems and solutions in their entirety,
- creativity and openness to innovation,
- the ability to think and communicate in interdisciplinary and intercultural ways,
- the ability to work in teams, to lead and to motivate teams.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Business Economics and Energy Economics
- Project Management
- Renewable Energy and Energy Planning
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 18 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You can apply if you
- have an above-average bachelor degree in Engineering (at least four academic years not older than 6 years) and a professional experience of at least two years in a field related to the course focus (internship will not be considered)
- can prove your proficiency in the English language by submitting an internationally recognized language certificate (TOEFL iBT Score 80, IELTS Band 6) Note: A certificate that English was language of instruction is not sufficient for admission. Native speakers of English are exempted.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
There is, however, a matriculation/enrollment fee of 25 Euros, to be paid once, when you register at the Europa-Universität Flensburg for the first time.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.