The Master in Design for Urban Environment - IED Barcelona at Istituto Europeo Di Design (IED) focusses mainly on the following lines of work: design for sustainable development, social inclusion to empower citizens in the face of social challenges, governance, cooperation, e-democracy, open data and transparency, as well as design to tackle urban mobility issues and contribute to people’s safety.
Urban environments are currently facing significant challenges, which calls for professionals who know about the past, understand the present and can anticipate the future to think up solutions in collaboration with their inhabitants and the people in charge of managing them.
Professionals and recent graduates who are interested in continuing their studies in order to acquire skills in strategic urban design and become involved in urban design projects from a multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary perspective.
Product, visual communication and interior designers, architects and management/marketing professionals, among others.
Professionals interested in exploring the intersection of design, social innovation and public policies.
The students will be able to work in public/private entities in some of the following areas/functions:
- Lead urban regeneration processes.
- Urban design consultancy.
- Urban design process management
- Conduct studies related to the urban environment.
- Prepare guidance and statements.
- Site and area design and/or mobility design.
- Facilitate collaborative processes for design in the urban environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Tools For The Critical Analysis
- Tools To Make Strategic Diagnoses
- Tools For Planning Proposals
- Tools To Conduct Work As A Positive Element
- Tools To Propose And Implement Specific Design Solutions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 3 other Masters in Environmental Management in Spain
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ID (Spanish students) or Passport (international students) scanned
- University Diploma (Bachelor, Undergraduate Degree or equivalent) scanned
- Motivation Letter in the Postgraduate’s language
- CV in the Postgraduate’s language specifying languages level and computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of Spanish or English as appropriate. For courses taught in English requires an intermediate level, corresponding to a paper TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6,5. For courses in Spanish requires a level B2. In case you don’t have any qualification, it will be necessary to assess your level through an in-person or Skype interview
- Portfolio for creative Postgraduates
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
EU/EEA10500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.