If you’re looking to sharpen your ministry skills and acquire the tools needed for your particular ministry goals, this degree is for you. Designed with the working professional in mind, the M.A. in Christian Ministries gives you the opportunity to earn a degree without relocating and/or sacrificing family, ministry or work obligations.
- Students will be Scripturally grounded and fluent. They will be able to faithfully comprehend, interpret, and apply the English Bible within their own lives and the various contexts of ministry in which they serve.
- Students will have a high and realistic vision of Christian ministry. They will be able to pursue their specific ministries with the vocational, academic, and theological excellence suited to the specific callings they pursue.
- Students will be prepared for various ministry roles. They will be able to exegete their personal sense of ministerial calling and identity to develop academically and theologically informed modes of practice within their specific ministries.
- Students will be knowledgeable about Christian formation. They will develop and practice personal models for ongoing spiritual formation and development and will be equipped to promote Christian formation in community, in the church, and other relevant contexts.
- Students will be culturally sensitive and societally engaged. Students will understand and practice their specific ministries with an appropriate awareness of how ministry and the mission of the Church are shaped by historic, cultural, and ethnic dimensions of society.
- Students will be globally aware and committed to the Gospel. Students will be able to comprehend the Christian faith and its multiple expressions though time and culture as an ongoing commitment to the Mission of God in Christ.
- Old Testament Survey
- The Church to the Reformation
- Foundations for Leadership
- Educational Ministry of Church
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChristian Studies View 154 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online application including a) Personal statements addressing questions about vocational goal, church involvement, encouragement from others, reasons for applying to Gordon-Conwell and an assessment of strengths and weaknesses and b) a brief autobiography.
- Official transcripts sent directly from all colleges and institutions of higher education attended.
- Three written recommendations
- Church endorsement form completed and signed by a church official at the church you currently attend.
- Application fee of $50 (U.S.) for the online application or $100 for the paper application.
- TOEFL score (international students only).
International13300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 USD per credit during 36 months.
National13300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Essex
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.