You can specialise in technologies such as interface design, mobile app design, e-learning, virtual and augmented reality, 2D and 3D animation, 3D digital printing, digital display and projection design, visual and special effects for TV and film, interactive kiosk and installation design, wearable devices and smart clothing. The Digital Design MA course at De Montfort University is designed for students with a good working knowledge of multimedia software tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator Flash, Dreamweaver and After Effects, and 3D software such as Autodesk MAYA or 3DMax, providing an opportunity to develop these technical skills to an advanced level.
You will examine the practical skills and the academic theories surrounding digital design methods. We will take you all the way from concept development and prototyping to production techniques and testing. In-depth insight into each stage of the creative production process will be supported by training in project management. This broad base of specialised skills will equip you for wide-ranging creative careers as digital designers, web and app developers, and multimedia production directors, while the understanding you will build of business planning and web presence management will teach you the key skills needed to launch a freelance career.
With us, you will gain real-world experience through live design projects, with the opportunity to collaborate with students from other disciplines. Through your major project (either creative practice based or research focused) you will have the freedom to draw on your learning and respond creatively to your chosen specialism.
Throughout the course we will empower and support you to challenge conventions, experiment boldly, and take risks. Prepare to embrace new ways of thinking and innovative approaches to contemporary design challenges, with a sophisticated suite of devices and industry software and hardware for you to realise your creative visions.
Many of our graduates have landed roles as digital designers, senior web designers, app designers, and multimedia production directors and have gone on to work for companies including Accenture and Felinesoft. Other graduates use the skills they developed on this course to launch their own freelance businesses or have won enterprise awards enabling them to set up their new business in the university’s Innovation Centre.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Action Research Laboratory
- Business Planning for the Creative Entrepreneur
- Museum and Exhibition Design
- Service Design
- Design for Retail
- Technology for Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design Computer Sciences View 162 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at De Montfort University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You should have the equivalent or above of a 2:2 UK bachelor’s honours degree in one of the following subjects: Digital Design, Multimedia Design, Animation, Visual Communications, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Product Design, Fashion Design, Computer Arts, Computer Technology, Digital Marketing or a related subject.
- If you have other professional qualifications and industry experience we will consider your application on an individual basis.
- Applicants with relevant qualifications should submit a portfolio of work
- Non-standard applicants will be invited to attend an interview with a portfolio and a 2,500-word report
- International application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8986 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8986 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for Digital Design.
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.