How does theology intersect with today’s culture and society? Through the Master of Arts (Christian Thought), you’ll explore theology and the history of Christianity, probing tough questions and engaging in thoughtful discussion about the relationship between the Gospel and surrounding culture. As you prepare for service and leadership, you’ll learn to better articulate the Christian faith in your context, understand the implications of Scripture in today’s world, and integrate theological reflection into everyday life.
- To understand the basic content and themes of the Old and New Testaments in their historical and cultural settings as well as the historical and theological dimensions of the Christian faith
- To develop competence in a biblical or research language in order to develop exegetical skills
- To develop skills of theological analysis and argument appropriate to the breadth of theological claims of Christianity
- To understand important periods of theological reflection and confession in church history, including the contemporary setting
- To develop aptitudes for living and speaking the gospel in the context of the Christian community so that individually and corporately the depth of Christian conviction can be applied in the ordinary practices of life
- To foster love for God and his Word and therefore to cultivate the practices of spiritual maturity and Christ-like character, and to understand the Christian's ethical responsibility in church and society
- To understand the ethical and missiological dimensions of the Christian faith in its global context
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
For more information visit the program website.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChristian Studies View 123 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online application including a) Personal statements addressing questions about vocational goal, church involvement, encouragement from others, reasons for applying to Gordon-Conwell and an assessment of strengths and weaknesses and b) a brief autobiography.
- Official transcripts sent directly from all colleges and institutions of higher education attended.
- Three written recommendations
- Church endorsement form completed and signed by a church official at the church you currently attend.
- Application fee of $50 (U.S.) for the online application or $100 for the paper application.
- TOEFL score (international students only).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 USD per credit during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Essex
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.