Become fad-proof for a lifetime of ministry by rooting yourself in the history of the Church and training in the classic theological disciplines. The Master of Arts (Church History) will provide a strong historical, biblical and theological foundation for your future in teaching, ministry or further studies. By exploring Christianity from the first century to the 21st century, you’ll learn how Christians have remained faithful through many cultures, events and eras.
- To understand the basic content and themes of the Old and New Testaments in their historical and cultural settings as well as the historical and theological dimensions of the Christian faith
- To understand important persons, events, movements, institutions and ideas in the early, medieval, reformation and modern periods of church history
- To develop skills for historical research and writing, as well as an awareness of important bibliographic resources in the discipline, including competence in a biblical or research language
- To foster love for God and his Word and therefore to cultivate the practices of spiritual maturity and Christ-like character, and to understand the Christian's ethical responsibility in church and society
- To understand and appreciate the rich heritage of the Church's global history in order to be able to interact more biblically and effectively with our contemporary world.
- C.S. Lewis’ Life, Works and Spirituality
- The Life and Theology of Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology View 680 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online application including a) Personal statements addressing questions about vocational goal, church involvement, encouragement from others, reasons for applying to Gordon-Conwell and an assessment of strengths and weaknesses and b) a brief autobiography.
- Official transcripts sent directly from all colleges and institutions of higher education attended.
- Three written recommendations
- Church endorsement form completed and signed by a church official at the church you currently attend.
- Application fee of $50 (U.S.) for the online application or $100 for the paper application.
- TOEFL score (international students only).
International19950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 665 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Essex
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.