The MSc Marine Ecosystem Management at the University of St Andrews is a one year course run by the School of Biology. The programme takes a holistic approach to understanding ecosystem goods and services, and draws on the quantitative and diverse academic expertise within the University's Scottish Oceans Institute (SOI).
- Modules include intense training in quantitative techniques (for example, statistical modelling and GIS).
- Students have the exciting opportunity to conduct fieldwork and training in Antarctica or Indonesia as part of the optional modules in polar ecology or scientific diving.
- The combination of core modules and a personalised selection of advanced optional modules allows students to tailor the programme to their individual interests.
- Stimulating, small class sizes with a focus on student-led, experiential learning.
The aim is that graduates of this course will be part of the next generation of managers and marine scientists delivering integrated ecosystem management around the world.
Graduates of the course have undertaken careers in government agencies, environmental consultancies and the commercial marine sector both within the UK and abroad.
- Current Issues in Biologging
- Estimating Animal Abundance
- Fisheries Research
- Introduction to Global Environmental Change
- Population Biology
- Predator Ecology in Polar Ecosystems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Biodiversity & Conservation Marine Studies View 67 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United Kingdom
- A first or upper 2.1 (Honours) undergraduate degree in a relevant natural science.
- relevant field or lab experience from previous employment, project or volunteer work.
- further IT skills, e.g. programming, database software and statistical packages for analysing (such as MATLAB, SPSS, SAS or R).
- dedicated calculus or statistics modules at university level.
International25450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10395 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10395 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for St Andrews
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.