The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner course offered by Wright State University consists of advanced clinical practice and nursing science, built on a core of physiology, pathophysiology, and pharmacology.
Clinical preceptors in various clinical settings will help prepare you to:
- Conduct comprehensive health assessments
- Appraise health risks and behaviors
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests
- Diagnose and manage commonly occurring health problems and disease-related symptoms
- Prescribe and evaluate drugs and other treatments
- Coordinate care during transitions in settings
- Provide guidance and counseling to restore, promote, and maintain health and quality of life
- Work independently and collaboratively to enhance access to quality care for patients and families
- Achieve a cost-effective, outcome-oriented practice
- Role Development and Leadership
- Health Policy, Politics, and Issues
- Nursing Research and Evidence for Practice
- Introduction to Multivariate Biostatistics for Health Care
- Theoretical Foundations for Nursing Practice
- Advanced Pathophysiology Across the Lifespan for Advanced Nursing Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Management View 1414 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Graduate School application (online)
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Meaningful clinical experience essay (2 pages maximum)
- Statement of professional goals (250 words maximum)
- Provide name and email address of two references for letters of recommendation
- Current or most recent supervisor
- Faculty member from your nursing program, or previous employer
International24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12143 USD per semester during 12 months.
National24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12143 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State14298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7149 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Dayton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.