The International Course in Graduate School of Science offers Master’s and PhD level degrees and certificates for foreign students who want to study science at Hokkaido University. The course consists of four majors, Mathematics, Condensed Matter Physics, Cosmosciences, and Natural History Sciences.
Under the guidance of our expert staff, you will gain new knowledge, find problems to solve, and enjoy using your imagination in scientific endeavors. The Natural History Sciences program of Hokkaido University also provides you with interdisciplinary learning opportunities by linking up with the Inter-Graduate School Classes provided by Hokkaido University. I encourage all of you to take advantage of the special resources that we can offer in order to engage in high-quality research and studies for science at Hokkaido University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physical Oceanography and Climatology
- Physical Hydrology
- Space Geodesy
- Seismology Petrology and Volcanology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Visit our websites and find the Application Guidelines which you wish to get enrolled
- Contact the faculty member directly by email
- Apply for the graduate schools after the faculty member agrees to accept you
- Basic eligibility: those who have completed or are expected to complete a 16-year overseas school education course, prior to admission to the Graduate School
- Research Plan After Enrollment
- A copy of “Official Certificate of Graduation or Expected Graduation issued by the last graduate school previously attended.”
- Take the entrance examination: screening procedures for graduate level students differ between each department; please ask your prospective supervisor
- To apply for a visa, a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) will be required
- Hokkaido University Center for International Education and Research offers free Japanese language courses for international students
- Airline ticketCertificate of Eligibility and visa
International5085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5085 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5085 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 535,800 yen per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.