With a strong demand for accounting and financial skills in the job market, our MSc Accounting and Finance will set you up for a rewarding career. The programme will bring you up to speed with the fundamentals of accountancy and business finance, and develop an advanced understanding of the practical skills needed for graduate roles in the financial sector.
You’ll get the opportunity to engage with a Business Project or Dissertation. This is a substantial piece of work designed to provide you with the opportunity to analyse a business problem and practically apply the knowledge and skills developed during the course.
With a strong demand for accounting and financial skills in the job market, our MSc Accounting and Finance can set you up for a rewarding career.
On this stimulating and varied course, you’ll learn about the practical and strategic application of financial and management accounting information, business finance, as well as how corporations report on and engage with sustainability issues.
This course is a fantastic step towards becoming a qualified accountant. It is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). This provides you with the opportunity to use the accelerated gateway route to gain exemptions from the CIMA qualification to become a fully qualified accountant.
This Accounting and Finance course from Aston University will prepare you to enter a wide range of professional and management careers in accountancy, business services, banking, investment and insurance.
Successful completion of this course leads to exemptions from professional accountancy bodies ACCA and CIMA. You will still need to secure professional training to complete further exams to become fully qualified in accountancy, but these exemptions demonstrate to future employers your commitment and potential to complete sector qualifications.
You’ll develop a range of technical and transferable skills and knowledge. These are highly relevant to a wide range of graduate careers where analytical, decision-making, problem-solving and planning are required skills.
This course is fully accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Contemporary Issues in Financial Reporting
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Sustainability Accounting and Accountability
- Business Finance
- Financial Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 507 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A good UK honours degree (minimum lower second class)
- Equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University
- An official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date.
- Students whose native language is not English will also need to satisfy our English language requirements. Pre-sessional English language programmes are available for good applicants whose English qualification falls just short of these requirements.
- Postgraduate masters students enrolling to Aston Business School with a 5.5 in one of the four IELTS sections will be required to engage with English language tuition as part of our professional development programme, The Aston Global Advantage. There will be no extra cost to the student.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.