The Community Engaged Medicine Master of Science offered by Furman University provides:
- An advanced understanding of science and population health related to disparities between growing medical needs and resources within communities
- Patient-based case studies and primary literature used throughout the curriculum
- Implicit Bias & Community Engagement Training prepares students for and supports them in their field experiences An academic record for students pursuing medical school, dental school and other health-related professional programs and careers Small classes of 15-20 students that ensure individualized attention and high-impact learning experiences A 9-month clinical experience in underserved communities Kaplan preparation for professional examinations (MCAT, DAT, GRE) included in tuition Professional advising and support toward academic and career goals
- Office of Pre-Professional Advising through Furman University
- Student Success Service through University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville
- Implicit Bias and Community Engagement
- Community Medicine Fieldwork
- Applied Human Clinical Anatomy
- Applied Human Clinical Physiology
- Healthcare Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Human Medicine Biochemistry View 617 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
Candidates must also submit:
- a graduate admissions application, accompanied by a one-time, non-refundable application fee
- Three professional recommendations
- official transcripts from each higher education institution previously attended
International18500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 USD per semester during 12 months.
Cost per term for 2022-2023 (summer, fall, spring) is $9,250 due by the registration date for each term.
Living costs for Greenville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.