The Master of Arts program is designed primarily for certified teachers. Those seeking initial certification may be required to take undergraduate courses that do not apply toward the master’s degree.
Our Master of Arts degree in Education provides educators with the expertise to lead our schools, strengthen our communities, and prepare students for tomorrow’s challenges.
The Master of Arts in Education with a concentration in Curriculum and Instruction helps prepare teachers who want to become instructional coaches or curriculum resource specialists. This degree allows licensed teachers to add the master's level to their teaching licensure. Students in this program have opportunities to take classes in several different disciplines. While this degree does not allow for an additional added area of licensure, students may gain the Gifted and Talented endorsement or the project-based learning endorsement through their elective coursework.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Designing and Implementing Curriculum
- Educational Assessment and Grading
- Technology Literacy for Teachers
- Education of Students with Exceptionalities
- Nature of Learning Disabilities
- Foundations and Current Trends in Literacy Research and Practice
- Teaching Reading and Writing in the Content Areas
For more information, please visit the programme website.
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 3619 other Masters in Education in United States
- Graduated from an accredited institution or a teacher education program that is recognized by the South Carolina Board of Education and have satisfactorily completed an accredited program of initial teacher certification
- An undergraduate minimum GPA of 2.75 (3.0 preferred) or permission of the director of graduate studies in education
- Completed the graduate application form, accompanied by a one-time, non-refundable application fee
- Two completed recommendations by persons familiar with the candidate’s teaching (e.g. principal, assistant
International415 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 415 USD per credit and a duration of .
National415 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 415 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.