Analyze causes of imperfect competition and identify regulations that ensure fair competition, while at the same time mitigating negative effects on productivity and technological change with the Economics - Competition and Regulation track program at Tilburg University .
- You'll also consider the legal aspects, discussing the relevant legal concepts and laws.
- Gain an understanding of how markets function, when they fail and how various markets are interrelated - which is essential in companies' strategic decision process as well as in solving social economic and development problems.
- Great diversity in nationalities, with about 50% international fellow students.
With a specialization in competition and regulation, you are skilled in applying combined insights from economics, industrial organization, and competition law to ensure fair competition and positive economic effects. These combined skills are tailored for a career at competition authorities, regulatory bodies, ministries of economic affairs, consultancy firms on competition and regulation, international organizations such as the EU and OECD, and economic departments of large firms.Graduates work or started for example as:
- Policy advisor at the Dutch Health Authority
- Economist at the Dutch Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM)
- Scientist / Economist at CPB Economic Policy Analysis
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied Economic Analysis
- Methods: Econometrics
- Methods: Game Theory
- Seminar Innovation and Networks
- Seminar Competition Policy
- Seminar Health Economics
- Seminar Economics and Psychology of Social Norms and Strategic Behavior
- Seminar Financial Economics
- Seminar Environmental and Resource Economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics View 129 other Masters in Economics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics or in a similar program (e.g., in Econometrics) from a university that is recognized by the program management.
- A solid academic background in economics.
- It is compulsory for this program to submit your GRE General Test.
- Students with a relevant degree from one of the official partner universities of the Tilburg School of Economics and Management are exempted from the GRE requirement.
- You need to demonstrate proficiency in English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2143 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
FundingKoopmans and CentER scholarships
- Scholarship for excellent students enrolling in the Research Master in Economics or Business at CentER Graduate School.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.