The knowledge and insights you acquire in this Philosophy of Humanity and Culture program from Tilburg University is the best foundation for a career in philosophy, writing, journalism, teaching or research.
Program and courses
- Learn to analyze and identify forms of political injustice by understanding how gender and race fit within different historical and social structures.
- Examine and interpret the experience of war, loss and migration and their impact on art, philosophy and humanity today.
- Get to know the relation between philosophy and art, philosophy and religion, and philosophy and psycho-analysis.
- Focus on the influence of German and French thinkers of the past 200 years on the latest developments in European and American philosophy.
- The track puts particular emphasis on the role of memory, gender, the relationship between literature, film, and philosophy, war, art and remembrance, and that between religion and secularization.
After completing the Master’s track in Philosophy of Humanity and Culture from Tilburg University you will be an expert in the understanding of human existence, culture, and society.
The knowledge, insights and skills such as continually asking questions, observing, reasoning, speaking and writing, you acquire in this track offers a solid foundation for a career in philosophy, writing, journalism, teaching or research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Close Reading
- Digital Aesthetics
- Identity, Race and Gender
- Masters of Suspicion: Freud, Lacan, Zizek
- Philosophy and Art after War
- Philosophy and Tragedy
- Enlightenment and counter enlightenment
- Political Philosophy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Philosophy & Ethics View 98 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You are certainly eligible to apply if you have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline. Relevant Bachelor’s degrees are: Philosophy, Administration studies, Political studies, Economics, Law, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Global Management of Social Issues, European studies, Communication Sciences, Human Resource Management, Psychology and Social Sciences.
- However, the academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14600 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
FundingPartner Scholarships Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences (TSHD)
- Tuition fee waiver (25%) for non-EU students of partner universities of the Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.