Graduates of the Dominican College Teacher of Students who are Blind or Visually Impaired Program are well-prepared to meet the academic needs of their students in Pre-K-12 educational settings using a wide range of assistive technology, devices for braille literacy instruction and low vision magnification accommodations.
In-depth methods instruction is also provided to prepare teachers in training to meet the needs of students with a wide range of disabilities in addition to visual impairment.
Why Become a TVI
- Currently, the field of blindness is experiencing a great shortage of teachers, approximately 5,000 nationwide.
- Starting salaries for TVIs are competitive. These jobs come with great benefits, job security, and the opportunity to improve the lives of blind or children with visually impaired.
More informationVisit official programme website
The Dominican College Advantage
- Online Program: Benefit from the flexibility and convenience of an online degree program. On- campus residence is required for a total of only 3 days at the end of June, with hotel accommodations provided! (pending grant approval)
- Learn from Top Educators: Classes are taught by expert faculty who are active in the field of visual impairment and blindness and who are fully committed to your success.
- Personalized Attention: Smaller cohorts allow faculty to provide you with personalized attention and superior training.
- Employment Opportunities: Graduates have a 95% employment rate prior to graduation.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 1056 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Official Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Interview Required, Resume, GRE and/or MAT scores
International750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.