The research interests of faculty members cover a broad spectrum of areas of theoretical and applied mathematics.
The objective of our Mathematics and Statistics program at University of Windsor is to prepare students for multiple career choices, as well as preparing them for the PhD programs in mathematics and statistics.
Faculty Research Interests - Mathematics
- Semidefinite programming
- Distance geometry
- Operational research
- Functional analysis
- Abstract harmonic analysis
- Operator algebras
- Functional equations
- Number theory
- Representation theory
- Homological algebra
- Category O
- Combinational aspects of representation theory.
Faculty Research Interests - Statistics
- Sequential analysis
- Finite mixture models
- Survival analysis
- Health outcomes
- Statistical inference
- Stochastic processes
- Asymptotic theory
- Queuing theory
- Applied probability
- Operational research.
All course selections require the approval of the student's Masters committee, the supervisor, or the departmental graduate committee.
- Mathematics Master's students must attend either 24 seminars or 75 percent of all seminars available during full-time registration, whichever is the smaller number. Seminars include the colloquium series, graduate major paper presentations and thesis presentations.
- If the Thesis option is taken for either the M.Sc. Mathematics and Statistics (Mathematics) or the M.Sc. Mathematics and Statistics (Statistics), a Masters committee must be appointed within the student's first term of study at the II Master's (Candidate) level. The Master's committee must be approved by the Executive Committee of the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research. The Master's committee shall include the student's supervisor as chairperson, one other member of the Department, and one faculty member from outside the Department.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
Domestic candidates may submit applications beyond the April 1 deadline, however there is no guarantee they will be reviewed in time for funding considerations.
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 65 other Masters in Mathematics in Canada
- Applicants are required to complete a Research Interest Statement Form available from the Mathematics and Statistics webpage
- Applicants must submit both undergraduate and Master's degree transcripts.
- A list of courses taken in mathematics or statistics - do not include syllabus
International15330 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7665 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National4786 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2393 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.