The Master’s Degree program focuses both on didactic and clinical training, consisting of 2,130 hours (213 quarter units) of academic coursework and 960 hours (48 units) of clinical internship at the Oriental Medical Center. Full-time students may complete the program in three years.
The Oriental Medicine program at Dongguk University - Los Angeles can be completed in four years and is therefore ideal for full-time students eager to become licensed practitioners (students with other commitments may also attend part-time). First-year students focus on academics, learning the building blocks of Oriental Medicine, Herbology, and Western Medicine.
DULA’s Master’s of Science in Oriental Medicine (MSOM) program is fully accredited and thoroughly prepares students to sit for licensing examinations.
- In the second year, students begin the observation portion of their clinical training, shadowing and learning from more advanced students and clinical supervisors. Studies continue with advanced instruction in Oriental and Western Medicine and Herbology.
- By the third and fourth year, students are actively participating in the clinic, taking patients and working with supervisors on the best treatment strategies. Academics during the final year focus on the most advanced training, specialized topics, practice management, and electives.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 679 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- International degrees
- Letters of Recommendation
- One recent 2”x2” color headshot photo.
- Proof of residency (copy of passport, birth certificate, permanent resident card, or any other documents that prove applicants’ legal stay in U.S).
- An interview with a member of the Admissions Committee.
International2480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 155 USD per credit during 36 months.
National2480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 155 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Lake Shasta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.