Why to study
The Networks and Communications - Information and Communications Engineering Master’s degree at the University of Klagenfurt is international in its orientation and is therefore taught entirely in English. In addition to offering broad fundamental knowledge, the branches of study allow students to gain in-depth qualifications for the development and use of modern information and communication technologies. The branch of study Networks and Communications serves to provide an academic education and qualification for professional activities in the development and operation of modern information and communication technologies, which require the application of scientific insights and methods. The course content encompasses both sound theoretical principles and practically relevant methodology.
In the first instance, students are taught the principles and methodologies of mobile communications, signal processing, and wireless sensor networks. During the course of the degree programme, students can attend additional lectures, courses, and practical laboratory courses on mobile networks, pervasive computing, signal processing, measurement technology, robotics, image processing, and transportation telematics. The programme is further supplemented by a range of courses from technical informatics (e.g. system security, distributed systems), and technical mathematics (e.g. optimisation, stochastics).
Upon completion of the degree programme, students are qualified to
- improve concepts and methods from the field of information technology,
- identify and comprehend new problem definitions in this field,
- recognise technological paradigm shifts.
- for automotive manufacturers and suppliers
- in automation engineering
- in microelectronics
- in consultancy services
- and in medical technology
- embedded and ubiquitous systems.
- mobile and wireless networks.
- self-organizing networks with applications in the areas of mobility and energy.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Networks and Communications: Fundamentals1
- Networks and Communications: Advanced
- Information and Communications Engineering: Supplements
- Technical Complements
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 19 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Austria
- Bachelor’s degree programme Information and Communications Engineering or a degree programme of equivalent academic value at another post-secondary educational institution
- English language level C1
- Complete the application for Admission to the Master’s Programme
International726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 363 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- EUR 726.72 per semester for third-country nationals
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.