The Resource Conservation Biology (MSc) from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg cover various aspects of resource conservation biology, including population ecology, population and species distribution modelling, conservation planning, biogeochemical nutrient cycling, ecosystem function, modern approaches to savanna management, fire ecology, rural resource conservation and statistical research design.
- Nature conservation: national or conservation agencies, private wildlife enterprises, environmental NGOs, environmental consultancy.
- Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Commerce and industry: private consulting firms, environmental divisions of large corporations, marketing, scientific services, mining and forestry companies.
- Conserving Biodiversity: Foundations
- Statistical Research & Design
- Sustaining Populations & Resources: Foundations
- Sustaining Populations & Resources: Frontiers
- Management of African Savannas
- Maintaining Ecosystem Processes: Foundations
- EIAs- Concepts and Critical Review
- Sustainability Leadership
- Energy and Environment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation View 41 other Masters in Biology in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Masters by coursework and research report:
- A Bachelor of Science with Honours from Wits or another university
- A graduate of this or another university who holds a degree in another faculty whose curriculum has ordinarily extended over not less than four academic years of full-time study.
- A BSc Honours or equivalent four year degree with a good understanding of ecology. Acceptance into certain courses may be restricted to applicants with relevant undergraduate course credits.
International1750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1750 USD per year during 12 months.
National1750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1750 USD per year during 12 months.
R 25 040
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.