The School of Computer Science and Applied Mathematics (CSAM), in the Faculty of Science, offers enriching programmes which are at the forefront of national interests. The unique programmes include Big Data Analytics, Data Science, eScience and eResearch. The School offers Advanced Mathematics of Finance and other Applied Mathematics courses which include Computational Methods, Mathematical Modelling and Analytical Methods which provide skill-sets in solving abstract industrial problems. The Masters of Mathematical Sciences is offered at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
- Honours Degrees are offered in the fields of Computational and Applied Mathematics (students are free to select from a wide range of topics), Big Data (established to meet the needs of industry and of the scientific community, where massive demand for highly skilled data scientists has emerged), Computer Science and Mathematical Sciences.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Financial Mathematics View 42 other Masters in Mathematics in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Masters of Science by coursework and research report:
- A Bachelor of Science with Honours from Wits or another university.
- A graduate of this or another university who holds a degree in another faculty whose curriculum has ordinarily extended over not less than four academic years of full-time study.
International1736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1736 USD per year during 12 months.
National1736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1736 USD per year during 12 months.
R 25 040
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.