The Pathology and Surgery of the Anterior Segment of the Eye programme of Universitat Internacional de Catalunya works in cooperation with the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre, which boasts cutting-edge diagnostic instruments, a world renowned teaching staff, exclusive treatments and a large caseload.
The objectives of the Master’s Degree in Pathology and Surgery of the Anterior Segment of the Eye are:
- To train students through protocols for diagnosing anterior segment pathology;
- To provide participants the skills necessary for medically and surgically treating the described ocular disorders;
- For students to specialise in the most prevalent pathologies of the anterior segment of the eye.
- To become familiar with the main disorders of the anterior segment of the eye, giving students the elements necessary for diagnosing and treating glaucoma and pathologies of the lens and ocular surface.
- To provide the knowledge required to implement the main preventive attitudes and treat complications in anterior segment surgery.
- To learn to properly inform patients about the prognosis of their illness.
- To become familiar with the latest diagnostic imaging technologies and recent therapeutic developments in anterior segment surgery.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Ocular Surface
- Anterior Chamber, Iris and Ciliary Body Pathology
- Lens Pathology
- Combined Microsurgical Techniques for the Anterior Segment
- Emergency Anterior Segment Surgery and Complications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 7 other Masters in Human Medicine in Spain
Students with an official university degree from a European Union country
- A photocopy of your degree certificate (or receipt of payment of the fees required to issue the degree certificate).
- A photocopy of your academic transcripts from past university studies.
Students with an official university degree from a non-European Union country
- An original legalised photocopy of your degree certificate.
- An original legalised photocopy of your academic transcripts from past university studies.
- Two passport-sized photographs.
- A photocopy of your national ID card (DNI) or passport.
- An up-to-date CV.
International5100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5100 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5100 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.