Orthopaedic Manual Physiotherapy at UIC Barcelona combines the information and experience of Manual Therapy, which has been applied since ancient times, Classic Physiotherapy, Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic Medicine, Osteopathy and Chiropractic under one common denominator, clinical and scientific evidence.
OMPT treatment is based on a comprehensive assessment of the patient’s neuro-musculoskeletal system and functional abilities.
The aim of the assessment is to define any conditions present in the patient’s systems (joint, muscular, nervous or any other relevant system) and explain how these conditions are related to any disability or functional limitation, as described by the WHO’s International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF).
The curriculum’s main objectives may be summarised as follows:
- To adopt a procedural approach based on patient-centred care, current scientific evidence and measurement results.
- To recognise the risk factors, precautions and contraindications and involve the patient in the assessment and treatment process.
- To determine whether the OMPT treatment is suitable for a particular patient.
- To perform a comprehensive assessment of the patient’s neuro-musculoskeletal system, including functional abilities and conditions.
- To establish a clinical diagnosis and design a comprehensive treatment plan as a main component of a multidisciplinary team within the health system.
- To gain a command of all OMPT therapeutic procedures with a view to alleviating pain and optimising the patient's functional abilities.
- Manual Therapy for the Lower Extremities
- Manual Therapy for the Upper Extremities
- Research Methodology
- Therapeutic Exercises for the Lower Extremities
- Therapeutic Exercises for the Upper Extremities
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Students with an official university degree from within the European Union
- An attested original photocopy of their original degree certificate or of the homologation of the same, or an original attested photocopy of the receipt for payment of fees for issuing the degree certificate.
- An attested original photocopy of your academic transcript containing your marks for the university studies you have completed.
From outside the European Union
- A legally certified original photocopy of your original degree certificate.
- A legally certified original photocopy of your academic transcripts from past university studies.
In all cases
- Two passport-sized photos.
- A photocopy of your national ID card (DNI) or passport.
- An up-to-date CV.
International9120 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9120 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA9120 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9120 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.