The involvement of paediatric physiotherapists on an individual, case-by-case basis benefits both children and their families. If we take into account all the subsystems that can influence a child's growth, their level of independence will be a decisive factor in their daily learning. Therefore, any action that endeavours to improve a child's functional movement, posture and mobility will also have a significant effect on their development and adult life.
Our specialized training will show you how to identify disorders, deficits and/or deficiencies in children; determine therapeutic objectives; and skillfully select, plan and implement strategies for optimal results.
All measures will be based on scientific knowledge and evidence in order to ensure therapeutic excellence. This master's degree will help revamp your physiotherapy skills, heightening your ability to respond to the health demands of both children and adults.
Through this master's degree in Paediatric Physiotherapy from UIC Barcelona, we contribute to the advancement of physiotherapy as a science by promoting research studies. Master's degrees give you access to the doctoral program.
- Learn about and analyse the historical characteristics of paediatric physiotherapy, as well as its current situation, prospects and interrelation with the social reality of each era.
- Gain insight into the current theoretical principles of development, learning and movement control and understanding of the physiological and structural changes that occur as a child grows.
- Acquire specific knowledge of the pathologies that inhibit children's motor independence.
- Discover the main international assessment tools and strategies used in paediatric physiotherapy and learn how to apply them according to the child's characteristics.
- Understand the physiological and structural changes that physiotherapy can produce.
- Learn about, identify and implement a number of different therapeutic strategies. Enhance your dexterity when it comes to performing therapeutic procedures and producing temporary adaptive equipment. Apply both group-based and individual physiotherapy methods.
- Analyse the results of the therapeutic approach against the set targets and with the established criteria and learn how to reformulate targets and adjust the plan of action where necessary.
- Assess the child's disability within the family setting and social environment, develop a command of the social skills and abilities required to promote the child's physical independence and their family's involvement and learn how to facilitate cooperation and coordination with other social and/or healthcare teams.
- Learn to work as a member of an inter- or multi-professional team: cooperate with the rest of the multidisciplinary team involved in the child's development, gain insight into other professional competences that may help enhance the results of the physiotherapy and develop the necessary skills to work in a coordinated manner with all personnel involved in integrating the child as a person.
- Acquire and manage knowledge and resources relating to paediatric physiotherapy in today's society in a reflective, critical manner.
- Draw up paediatric physiotherapy guides and protocols.
- Update the foundations of evidence-based scientific knowledge.
- Manage scientific information in your quest to use it in your daily clinical practice and to help improve scientific knowledge.
- Neuromusculoskeletal Pathology
- Normal and Palhological Development in Early Childhood
- Paediatric Physiotherapy Assessment
- Specialisation Options
- Therapeutic Intervention
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at UIC Barcelona and/or in Spain, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Two passport-sized photos.
- A photocopy of your national ID card (DNI) or passport.
- An up-to-date CV.
- A letter of motivation.
- An attested photocopy of any other university degrees, including postgraduate degrees.
- If the documents are in a language other than Spanish, please submit a sworn Spanish translation of your degree certificate and academic transcript.
- Personal interview.
- Test of English level. Recommended level of English: B2 from the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
International7320 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7320 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA7320 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7320 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.