The Master of Science in Physiotherapy from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg speciality areas include:
- Orthopaedic Surgery for Physiotherapists
- Respirology, Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery for Physiotherapists
- Community Physiotherapy
- Neurology and Neurosurgery for Physiotherapists
- Sport and Exercise Physiotherapy
- Paediatrics for Physiotherapists (General or Neurology)
- Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy (OMT)
- Physiotherapeutic Musculoskeletal Pain Management
- Anatomy (general or neuroanatomy)
- Physiology (general or neurophysiology)
- Research methodology and development of a research proposal
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Physiotherapy Health Sciences View 23 other Masters in Physiotherapy in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must hold a BSc/B(Physiotherapy) degree
- Applicants must show evidence of one year clinical experience (which can be community service / internship year)
International3476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3476 USD per year during 12 months.
National3476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3476 USD per year during 12 months.
R 50 120
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.