This Renewable Energy programme offered by the Cranfield University will equip you with the advanced knowledge and skills to develop a successful career in the rapidly growing renewable energy sector. A choice of study routes enables you to specialise in developing the state-of-the-art technical skills required to design renewable energy systems, or to focus on managing renewable engineering projects and systems. Ranked in the UK top 5 for mechanical engineering, Cranfield offers a unique, postgraduate-only environment, unique engineering-scale facilities for the development of efficient renewable energy technologies with low CO2 emissions and a teaching team with extensive experience of solving real world renewable energy challenges.
Why this course?
Governments around the world are establishing increasingly ambitious targets for renewable energy use. For example, by 2030 China plans to increase the share of non-fossil fuels in its total energy mix to 20% and Europe to 30%. The Renewable Energy MSc will prepare you for an exciting and rewarding career helping to address the global challenge of moving to a low carbon economy.
- Study at a top 5 ranked UK university for mechanical, aeronautical and manufacturing engineering,
- Choose to acquire the technical skills required to design renewable energy systems, or focus on developing the capability to manage renewable engineering projects and systems,
- Participate in individual and group projects focused on your personal interests and career aspirations,
- Learn from lecturers with extensive, current experience of working with industry on solving real world energy challenges,
- Benefit from engineering-scale facilities for the development of efficient technologies with low CO2 emissions.
With the current global focus on developing low carbon energy production and renewable energy technologies, you can expect to be highly sought after by employers. Equipped with the expertise to analyse current and future energy needs and to design and implement appropriate solutions, a wide range of careers are open to you, as a professional scientist or engineer across the full breadth of industrial and public sector organisations involved in renewable energy.
For example, on completion of the course, our students have been employed by organisations such as E.ON, Vestas, Vattenfall, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, ABB, Scottish Renewables, EDF and Iberdrola.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Engineering Stress Analysis: Theory and Simulations
- Solar Energy Engineering
- Energy Entrepreneurship
- Energy Systems Case Studies
- Fluid Mechanics and Loading
- Design of Offshore Energy Structures
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 109 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Cranfield University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A first or second class UK honours degree (or equivalent) in a related science or engineering discipline. Other recognised professional qualifications or several years' relevant industrial experience may be accepted as equivalent, subject to approval by the Course Director.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10825 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10825 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- MSc Part-time: £1,685
- PgDip Full-time: £8,250
- PgCert Full-time: £4,750
- PgDip Full-time: £17,950
- PgCert Full-time: £8,950
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.