This Cyber-Secure Manufacturing course from Cranfield University develops the expertise of graduates interested in pursuing careers tackling cybersecurity challenges and technologies in manufacturing.
Why this course?
Developed with academics and industry from manufacturing and the defence and security sector to address the current career demand in Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, Cloud Computing and Cybersecurity it combines Cranfield's long standing expertise for delivering high-quality Masters programmes in the manufacturing, and security and defence sectors.
This course addresses the main challenges in smart manufacturing, such as to:
- Identify cyber threats in manufacturing systems from cloud
- Protect manufacturing systems from cyber attacks
- Improve incident response and disaster recovery in manufacturing systems
- Assess the cost of cybersecurity solutions for manufacturing systems.
Cranfield's applied approach and close links with industry mean 93% of our graduates find jobs relevant to their degree or go on to further study within six months of graduation.
Our careers team support you while you are studying and following graduation with workshops, careers fairs, vacancy information and one-to-one support.
On successful completion of this course graduates should have a diversity of job opportunities, mainly in the following job markets:
- Manufacturing informatics
- Manufacturing engineering
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Cloud computing
- Big data analysis.
Accreditation is being sought for the MSc in Cyber Secure Manufacting from the Insitution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), Instituion of Engineering & Technology (IET) and the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAes) on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modern Manufacturing and Security Challenges
- Operations Management
- Secure 10T and System Architecture
- Secure Cloud Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Data Mining Technology for Cyber Threat Identification
- Security of Machine Tool Systems
- Cyber Thinking and Practice in Manufacturing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 134 other Masters in IT Security in United Kingdom
- A first or second class UK Honours degree or equivalent in computer/computing/information science, or the international equivalent of these qualifications. Other relevant qualifications, together with significant experience, may be considered. Manufacturing, aerospace, transportation, electronics or other engineering graduates who wish to develop their careers in these sectors.
- Suitable for graduates with computer/computing/information science degrees who are interested in pursuing a career in informatics and manufacturing sectors.
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- PgDip Full-time: £8,000
- PgCert Full-time: £4,600
- PgDip Full-time: £17,400
- PgCert Full-time: £8,700
- Global Manufacturing Leadership Masters Scholarship
- Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander MSc Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships
- Cranfield Postgraduate Loan Scheme (CPLS)
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
- The Spotcap Fintech Fellowship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.