Gaining the students the methods and approaches necessary for history studies. Developing the skills of acquisition of data, reviewing the literatures and making analyses. Interpreting the historical sources critically in terms of historical method, content and use of sources.
Developing the skills of use of languages in accordance with professional fields. By means of having the classes from other disciplines, developing different points of view.
History outcomes from BAU
- Students utilize and analyse Primary Sources in Ottoman
- Students perform their researches objectively.
- They gain the ability to do comparative research
- Students will attain knowledge of other social sciences' methods.
- Students perform their researches by being loyal to the historical context.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Ottoman Turkish and Primary Sources
- A Seminar on the Rise of the Ottoman State: From Northwest Anatolia to Thrace, Macedonia and Beyond
- A Seminar on the Ottoman Urbanization and Architecture (1300-1500)
- Comparative History of Europe and the Ottoman Empire
- Ottoman Social and Economical History
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 3 other Masters in Modern History in Turkey
- The minimum requirements for acceptance to the History M.A. Program, Institution of Social Sciences are like that: Owning a four-year bachelor's degree. Being successful at written and oral examinations.
- Being successful at Scientific Preparatory Program which will be suggested if necessary. Having minimum 55 points at ALES to the relevant type of points (if it is LES the minimum point need to be 45) or GMAT 450, GRE Numerical 610 points.
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.