The Celtic and Scottish Studies programme offered by The University of Edinburgh will teach you how to analyse and synthesise this knowledge in an interdisciplinary context, question assumptions about the primacy of one specific discipline over others and receive an introduction to subjects which you may not have experienced at undergraduate level. You will also have the opportunity to take courses offered by the School of History, Classics & Archaeology.
You will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and understanding in professional research methods and inquiry, language skills, literary and textual analysis or fieldwork and archiving, and a range of core topics in Celtic and Scottish studies.
There are a wide range of sectors within which you could apply your knowledge and skills such as journalism; social, government or cultural research; publishing; higher education; advertising; arts administration; information work; or programme research in broadcasting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Skills and Methods in Celtic and Scottish Studies
- The Supernatural World
- Material Culture in Scotland
- Scottish Emigrant Traditions
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You will complete one core course (20 credits total), five option courses (100 credits total) and a dissertation of 15,000 words (60 credits).
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies View 71 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United Kingdom
- UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
- We may also consider your application if you have other qualifications or experience; please contact us to check before you apply.
International22850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU: £5,650
- International: £11,425
- LLC School scholarships
- UK government postgraduate loans: If you live in the UK, you may be able to apply for a postgraduate loan from one of the UK’s governments. The type and amount of financial support you are eligible for will depend on your programme, the duration of your studies, and your tuition fee status.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.