Students of the Human Neuroscience Master’s Degree at the University of Turku will get a deep understanding of human brain function. They will learn non-invasive imaging methods to investigate brain activation and structure as well as behavioural methods to measure human cognition and performance.
The Programme gives a strong foundation to work as a human neuroscience expert in various industries requiring knowledge and skills to tackle the complex brain-behaviour issues.
Graduates are expected to find jobs, for example, in drug development, in companies developing novel health and game products, and in customised marketing research. The Programme also gives a strong basis to continue studies towards a PhD.
The interdisciplinary Master’s Degree Programme in Human Neuroscience provides you with broad knowledge to use behavioural methods, non-invasive brain imaging and structural brain measures as indices of the complex brain–behaviour relationship in different settings.
The Programme gives a strong basis to pursue a career as a human neuroscience expert. For example, graduates of the Programme can
- work in medical companies and drug development
- work in health and game industries
- continue studies and research towards a PhD
- Brain imaging methods
- Clinical neuroscience
- Behavioural methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Neuroscience View 8 other Masters in Human Medicine in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are an eligible applicant for Master’s-level studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – normally a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. Please check the programme page for detailed degree requirements.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Tuition fee Free for citizens of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland, for citizens of non-EU/EEA countries €10,000/academic year
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The University of Turku supports merited and motivated students with generous scholarships. Scholarships are offered for both Bachelor’s and Master’s level studies, for students who are subject to tuition fees.
- The scholarships are awarded based on academic merits. Applying for a scholarship is simple: just indicate “yes” to the appropriate question on your online application form for the programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.