Get advanced and interdisciplinary training in the field of gender studies!
In this Gender Studies programme at University of Turku you will gain competence on gender policies and politics, and acquire the ability to work independently on central issues related to gender, feminism, gender equality, production of power and knowledge.This Programme is a great choice especially for students who wish to pursue a career in research, politics, equal opportunities policies and human rights institutions. Organisations in private and public sector as well as non-governmental organisations and civil society are other possible career paths.
This Programme is a great option especially for students who wish to pursue a career in
- national and international research
- national and international politics
- equal opportunities policies
- human rights institutions and organisations in private and public sectors as well as in non-governmental organisations and civil society
- arts, writing and media careers
Graduates’ knowledge of power relations and social justice issues prepares them for government and jurisprudence positions. Due to the interdisciplinarity of the Programme, the graduates will be well prepared for research career.
The degree engages the wide-ranging and multidisciplinary perspectives associated with gender studies:
- feminist studies
- queer studies
- transgender studies
- sexuality studies
- race and ethnicity studies
- disability studies
- area and global studies
- cultural studies
- postcolonial and transnational studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Turku and/or in Finland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
You are an eligible applicant for Master’s-level studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – normally a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Turku
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The University of Turku supports merited and motivated students with generous scholarships. Scholarships are offered for both Bachelor’s and Master’s level studies, for students who are subject to tuition fees.
- The scholarships are awarded based on academic merits. Applying for a scholarship is simple: just indicate “yes” to the appropriate question on your online application form for the programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.