Get advanced and interdisciplinary training in the field of gender studies!
In this Gender Studies programme you will gain competence on gender policies and politics, and acquire the ability to work independently on central issues related to gender, feminism, gender equality, production of power and knowledge.
This Programme is a great choice especially for students who wish to pursue a career in research, politics, equal opportunities policies and human rights institutions. Organisations in private and public sector as well as non-governmental organisations and civil society are other possible career paths.
This Programme is a great option especially for students who wish to pursue a career in
- national and international research
- national and international politics
- equal opportunities policies
- human rights institutions and organisations in private and public sectors as well as in non-governmental organisations and civil society
- arts, writing and media careers
Graduates’ knowledge of power relations and social justice issues prepares them for government and jurisprudence positions. Due to the interdisciplinarity of the Programme, the graduates will be well prepared for research career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Study skills & personal study planning
- Elementary Finnish
- Scientific writing
- Quantitative research methods
- Qualitative research methods
- Feminist theory
- Feminist methodology
- Gendered and sexualized society
- Feminist Art Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You are an eligible applicant for Master’s-level studies if
- you have a nationally recognized first cycle degree – normally a Bachelor’s degree – from an accredited institution of higher education,
- your degree corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study,
- your degree is in a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to. Please check the programme page for detailed degree requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Free for citizens of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland, for citizens of non-EU/EEA countries €10,000/academic year
The University offers a generous scholarship programme for students who are subject to the tuition fees. The scholarship programme has 3 categories:
- 2-year scholarship that covers the entire tuition fee for 2 academic years.
- 2-year scholarship that covers 50 % of the tuition fee for 2 academic years.
- 1-year scholarship for outstanding performance during the 1st study year. The scholarship covers the 2nd year tuition fee.
A scholarship will be granted to up to 30 % of the admitted students who are subject to tuition fees and have applied for a scholarship.
You can apply for a 2-year scholarship at the same time as applying for admission to one of our Master’s degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.