Operational Research (OR) is an important skill that is in high demand.
The Operational Research with Data Science programme from The University of Edinburgh is a new, forward-looking programme that delivers high-quality training in operational research, optimization and statistics.
You will have strong technical skills in these areas and the ability to apply them using appropriate software.
You will gain the transferable skills required to pursue careers in a data-rich operational research environment, and will be in an ideal position to apply for work in a wide range of institutions in the public and private sector.
The degree is also excellent preparation for further study in operational research, optimization or data science.
Recent graduates have joined:
- British Airways
- Edinburgh Airport
- the Government OR Service
- Ernst & Young
- Merkle | Aquila
- smaller specialised OR, finance, and energy companies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Compulsory courses have previously included:
- Fundamentals of Optimization
- Fundamentals of Operational Research
- Methodology, Modelling and Consulting Skills
Themed courses have previously included:
- Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
- Python Programming
- Statistical Methodology
- Statistical Programming
- Incomplete Data Analysis
- Biomedical Data Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1-31 January
- 2-31 March
- 3-30 June
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Data Science & Big Data View 331 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- UK 2:1 degree, or its international equivalent, in a numerate discipline such as mathematics, engineering, computer science, physical or biological sciences, economics or business.
- You must also have studied probability and statistical theory at university level. You can increase your chances of a successful application by exceeding the minimum programme requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time fees per year
- Home: £6,850
- International/EU: £12,550
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.