This is a two-year, professionally accredited European Masters in Landscape Architecture programme from The University of Edinburgh offered jointly by five of Europe’s leading landscape architecture institutions:
- School of Architecture & Landscape Architecture, Edinburgh College of Art
- Akademie van Bouwkunst, Amsterdam
- Leibniz Universität, Hannover
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure du Paysage (ENSP), Versailles
- Escola Tècnica Superior d’Arquitectura de Barcelona (ETSAB)
You will be immersed in very different European cultural and pedagogical environments, greatly enriching your perspective and development as a designer. The five partners approach the technical, aesthetic and ecological issues of landscape architecture in very different ways, at scales ranging from the urban site to the rural region. Through your learning experience you will engage with a wide range of landscapes, methods and skills and some of Europe’s most diverse and exciting cities and regions.
Graduates of landscape architecture at the University of Edinburgh have outstanding employability prospects internationally. Our graduates are currently engaged by some of the world’s leading design offices.
The programme has been reviewed by the International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA) and currently has ‘Candidate Accreditation’ status with the Landscape Institute.
The programme is based on the principle of diverse learning experiences, supported and guided by host institutions. You will study for two semesters with The University of Edinburgh and choose two of the partner institutions to study with for one semester each.Courses
- Courses include design studios, seminars, and lectures, which vary with the institution and semester.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We encourage you to apply at least one month prior to entry so that we have enough time to process your application.
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture European Studies View 123 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United Kingdom
- An undergraduate honours degree in landscape architecture.
- We will also consider your application if you have an undergraduate honours degree in architecture and a portfolio that demonstrates a strong interest in landscape architectural issues.
- As part of your application you must indicate the institutions you would prefer to attend during the two semesters away from Edinburgh. Whilst we will take your preferences into consideration, we cannot guarantee that places will be available in your preferred institutions.
- You must familiarise yourself with the language requirements of the partner institutions before you apply.
International25300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25300 GBP per year during 24 months.
National12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
If you live in the UK, you may be able to apply for a postgraduate loan from one of the UK’s governments.
The type and amount of financial support you are eligible for will depend on:
- your programme
- the duration of your studies
- your tuition fee status
Programmes studied on a part-time intermittent basis are not eligible.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.