At the end of this Operational Research programme from The University of Edinburgh you will have:
- built your expertise in mathematical modelling
- gained flexible problem-solving skills based on a deep knowledge of operational research, optimization and data analysis techniques and the ability to apply them using appropriate software
- acquired transferable skills to maximize your prospects for future employment in a wide range of public and private institutions, including writing, oral presentation, team-working, numerical and logical problem-solving, planning and time-management
- enhanced your consulting skills
- learned practical skills in programming and modelling for a wide range of applications
- expanded your understanding of related disciplines, such as high-performance computing, finance and engineering.
The skills you will learn are in demand by a vast range of high-profile organisations, including:
- consultancy firms
- the public sector
- companies with operational research departments such as airlines, energy and telecommunications providers, financial firms, manufacturers
Recent graduates have joined:
- British Airways
- Edinburgh Airport
- the Government OR Service
- Ernst & Young
- Merkle | Aquila
- smaller specialised OR, finance, and energy companies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Optimization
- Fundamentals of Operational Research
- Methodology, Modelling and Consulting Skills
- Stochastic Modelling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Data Science & Big Data View 263 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 degree, or its international equivalent, in a numerate discipline such as mathematics, engineering, computer science, physical or biological sciences, economics or business.
- You can increase your chances of a successful application by exceeding the minimum programme requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26300 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National14400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- Home: £7,200
- International/EU: £13,150
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.