The Sociology - Applied Community and Economic Development sequence at Illinois State University is designed for returned Peace Corps Volunteers and students with other development experiences (e.g., AmeriCorps, nonprofit work).
The Stevenson Center for Community and Economic Development coordinates these programs for Fellows, who spend an intense year on campus followed by an 11-month paid professional practice. ACED sequence students have a graduate assistantship in the fall and spring semesters on campus prior to field work.
Intermediate Social Statistics
Quantitative Research Design & Analysis
Qualitative Research Design And Analysis
Pro-Seminar In Sociology
Community Project Design And Management
Topics In Administration And Planning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Sociology International Development View 604 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework or 9+ hours of coursework in a master's program.
- Upload your current resume to the application system.
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommendation Contact Information
- Applicants who submit all materials according to the posted instructions and by the posted deadlines, and whose materials indicate potential for success in their chosen program, will complete a required interview (by phone or in person).
Submit a sample of your academic writing (at least five pages).
International32682 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
National32682 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 404 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Normal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.