About this Degree
The Political Science - Applied Community and Economic Development sequence at Illinois State University is designed for returned Peace Corps Volunteers and students with other development experiences (e.g., AmeriCorps, nonprofit work).
The Stevenson Center for Community and Economic Development coordinates these programs for Fellows, who spend an intense year on campus followed by an 11-month paid professional practice. ACED sequence students have a graduate assistantship in the fall and spring semesters on campus prior to field work. Students pursuing this sequence receive a solid and relevant educational opportunity to pursue careers in community and economic development in the United States and around the world.
- Political Inquiry
- Research Methodology
- Seminar In Political Thought
- Graduate Research In Applied Community Development
- Topics In Administration And Planning
- Local Economic Development
- Professional Practice:Community Development Internship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Development Political Science View 677 other Masters in Economics in United States
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present official transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework or 9+ hours of coursework in a master's program.
- Upload your current resume to the application system.
- Statement of Purpose
- Submit a sample of your academic writing (at least five pages). The paper should demonstrate your research skills.
- Recommendation Contact Information
- Service Document
International30168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State14544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 404 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Normal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.