After completing the program at Illinois State University, a master's graduate will have acquired the skills, knowledge, values, and commitment necessary to succeed at entry- to mid-level student affairs positions in public and private colleges and universities.
Educational Administration and Foundations - College Student Personnel Administration students in the program reflect the increasing diversity of today's college campuses with respect to race, ethnicity, orientation, gender, and age.
The College Student Personnel Administration program includes students who are recent graduates, career enhancers, and persons seeking a career change. Full-time enrollment is preferred and recommended, yet the program is flexible enough for those students who wish to attend part-time.
Part-time students must be currently employed at a college or university. Employment must be in an area that can be used as a learning laboratory to apply material learned in class.
Programme StructureCourses include:
Research Methodology And Statistics In Education
Topics In Educational Foundations: College Student Personnel
Student Development Theory In Higher Education
Organization & Administration Student Affairs Functions Higher Education
College Students & Their Cultures
Practicum In College Student Personnel Administration
- Administration Of Continuing Education & Public Service
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Public Administration View 4122 other Masters in Education in United States
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
- The department may request an interview with the admissions committee before final admissions decisions are made.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for either the last 60 hours of your undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master’s program.
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit two letters of reference.
International30168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State14544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 404 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Normal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.