Biological Sciences - Neuroscience and Physiology identifies the neural substrates of behavior, whereas Physiology investigates organismal functions. Research within Neuroscience and Physiology spans broad organization levels within Biology, from genes and molecules and cells to tissues, circuits and behaving animals.
At Illinois State University, we employ a variety of experimental approaches, including genetic, molecular, cellular, and whole-animal techniques such as microelectrode recordings, microscopy, optical imaging, EEG, mathematical modeling, and behavioral observations. Current research asks fundamental questions in molecular neuroethology, cellular, systems, and human neuroscience, and cellular and transport physiology.
We offer a comprehensive curriculum to graduate students interested in Neuroscience and Physiology. Sequences provide an exciting and challenging academic environment, by combining research excellence with a strong commitment to education, and are tightly integrated into laboratory research.
The Neuroscience and Physiology sequence is an option for students enrolled in the M.S. degree program.
Independent Research For The Master's Thesis
Advanced Studies In Specialized Fields: Principles Of Neurophysiology
Advanced Psychopathology And Mental Health Diagnosis
Biotechnology Laboratory I: DNA Techniques
- Avian Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Neuroscience Physiology View 128 other Masters in Neuroscience in United States
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
- The first step in the application process is to ask about working in a lab. We do not admit graduate students unless they have at least one faculty member who is willing to have them in their lab.
- You must have a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework or any previous work in a master’s program.
- Letters of Recommendation
Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Statement of Academic and Professional Goals
International25140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25140 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 838 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 404 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Normal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.