The program is designed around three major academic objectives: to foster cultural and contextual knowledge of ELT and English language learners; to instruct students in advanced ELT pedagogies and practices; and to improve interactive English language instruction across diverse instructional mediums. Graduates will develop their capabilities as adaptive and creative thinkers and be equipped with strong academic research skills and superior theoretical and practical knowledge of English language teaching.The English Language Teaching from METU Middle East Technical University is offered with a thesis option only. In this full-time program, students must complete three required courses, five elective courses, and write a Master’s Thesis. Upon the successful completion of the requirements of the program, the Master’s Degree in English Language Teaching will be awarded.
- Contemporary Issues in ELT
- Research Methods for ELT
- Second Language Acquisition
- Curriculum Development for ELT
- Teaching English with Literature
- Linguistics for English Language Teaching
- Teaching Young Learners
- Materials Evaluation and Development in ELT
- English Language Testing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTeaching Teaching English View 3 other Masters in Teaching English in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International Graduate Students' Registration Form: The form is expected to be downloaded by the student and filled, including the student's signature.
- ALES / GRE Score Sheet: The score sheets are valid for five years from the exact date they are announced. Students who used to be registered in one of the graduate programs of METU and then either canceled the registration on their own will or were dismissed from the program are not asked to provide a new ALES / GRE score only if they have not been registered to graduate programs of METU for one academic year at max.
- English Proficiency Score (METU EPE / IELTS / TOEFL / PTE Academic)
- One photo
- Identity page of your passport
- Residence Permit Card: Required only if the student has a residence permit card before the registration to METU.
International278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 139 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 154 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.