The Political Science and International Relations program from METU Middle East Technical University will enable students to address the big issues facing global decision-makers: from regional integration to democratic transformation; from the politics of intervention to the politics of reconciliation; from labour market regulation to migration management; from human security to military alliances; from the complexities of environmental degradation to the social consequences of inequality; from international law to human rights.
Those who work at the highest levels in business, government, or the non-governmental and “third” sector, increasingly need to tackle these problems in a systematic and interdisciplinary manner, and the Masters in Political Science and International Relations programme offers students the opportunity to do so.
An Outline of the Programme
The programme provides a common foundation in the two disciplines of Political Science and International Relations together with a generic Research Methods course. Students have the opportunity to engage with contemporary thought in the social sciences and humanities and its use in unravelling the dynamics of change in social and political relations. The aim is always to provide students with the capacity to engage critically with the analysis of politics and international relations and the ways in which social scientific analyses of the world may provide a better understanding of global politics.The common foundation comprises two core courses in social theory, one principally concerned with Social and Political Theory and the other concerned with international theory, namely International Relations in Theory and History : the making of modern world order. These theory coures are complemented by two courses reflecting core concerns of Political Science on the one hand and International Relations on the other hand, these being Comparative Political Development and Global Political Economy respectively.
- Social and Political Theory
- International Relations in Theory and History: the making of the Modern World
- Research Methods In Social and Political Sciences
- Comparative Political Development
- Global Political Economy
- Ethnic Conflict in the Middle East
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 26 other Masters in Political Science in Turkey
- International Graduate Students' Registration Form: The form is expected to be downloaded by the student and filled, including the student's signature.
- ALES / GRE Score Sheet: The score sheets are valid for five years from the exact date they are announced. Students who used to be registered in one of the graduate programs of METU and then either canceled the registration on their own will or were dismissed from the program are not asked to provide a new ALES / GRE score only if they have not been registered to graduate programs of METU for one academic year at max.
- English Proficiency Score (METU EPE / IELTS / TOEFL / PTE Academic)
- One photo
- Identity page of your passport
- Residence Permit Card: Required only if the student has a residence permit card before the registration to METU.
International278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 139 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 154 TL
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.