The Master of Science in Political Science and International Relations at METU Middle East Technical University, on the Northen Cyprus Campus will enable students to address the big issues facing global decision-makers:
- from regional integration to democratic transformation
- from the politics of intervention to the politics of reconciliation; from labour market regulation to migration management
- from human security to military alliances
- from the complexities of environmental degradation to the social consequences of inequality
- from international law to human rights.
Those who work at the highest levels in business, government, or the non-governmental and “third” sector, increasingly need to tackle these problems in a systematic and interdisciplinary manner, and the Masters in Political Science and International Relations programme offers students the opportunity to do so.
The programme is aimed at international students, including Turkish and Cypriot students and therefore we welcome applicants from all parts of the world. In addition to comparatively low international fees which nevertheless allows first-class education, we offer a range of scholarships and assistantships which make METU NCC a still more attractive option for international and local students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social and Political Theory
- International Relations in Theory and History : the making of the Modern World
- Research Methods In Social and Political Sciences
- Comparative Political Development
- Global Political Economy
- Ethnic Conflict in the Middle East
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 22 other Masters in International Relations in Turkey
- Undergraduate Cumulative Grade Point Average minimum 2.50/4.00 – 65/100
- English Proficiency Proof (English Proficiency Exam of METU: minimum: 65; TOEFL CBT: minimum 213; TOEFL IBT minimum 79; TOEFL PBT + TWE: 550 + 4; IELTS:minimum 6.5)
- ALES- EA minimum 55 or GRE minimum 139. (Required for Turkish citizens. International student applicants with GRE results will be prioritized for assistantships and financial aid.)
- Letter of Intent in English (A letter clearly stating the purpose for the application)
- Two reference letters
International4200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 946 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- Resident: 7.087,50-TL (1st-4th semester)
- Non-Resident: 2.100-USD (1st-4th semester)
- Resident: 2.362,50-TL (5th-6th semester)
- Non-Resident: 682,50-USD (5th-6th semester)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.