We’re world leaders in political science, asking difficult questions to find important answers. How do you put an end to armed conflict? What are the benefits and consequences of intervention? What role do non-governmental organisations play in the prevention and resolution of conflict? Is immigration linked to terrorism? Does climate change affect transnational migration patterns?
You have access to leading conflict resolution experts in our Michael Nicholson Centre for Conflict and Cooperation and the opportunity to collaborate on research. We also host popular talks with our experts, and with prestigious external speakers, helping you develop a deeper knowledge of conflict resolution.We provide you with a framework for understanding conflict resolution in inter- and intra-state issues, focusing on topics including:
- Mediation, negotiation, and collaborative problem solving
- Using conflict data sets and drawing geographical maps
- International development and human rights
- International relations and security studies
- Global and comparative politics
All Essex politics graduates have the distinction of a qualification from one of the world’s leading politics departments.This Conflict Resolution course offered by the University of Essex will prepare you for a career in areas such as non-governmental organisations, international and national government, or the private sector.Recent graduates have gone on to work for the following high-profile organisations:
- The Civil Service
- Local government
- The World Bank
- The United Nations
- YouGov and YouGov America
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conflict Resolution
- Advanced Research Methods
The Analysis of Conflict and Peace
- Democracy, Violence, and Inequality in Latin America
- International Security Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to.
DisciplinesInternational Relations School Counselling Political Science View 474 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Essex and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2.2 degree in Political Science, International Relations, International Studies, American Studies, United States Politics, Economics, Finance or Statistics.
- A 2.2 degree in any subject which includes study in two relevant modules. Relevant modules include, but are not limited to:
- Comparative Political Systems
- Constitutional Democracy
- Contemporary World Affairs
- Current Affairs
- Democratic Theory
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19740 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/UK fee: £4,600
- International fee: £9,870
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.