It is quite unfortunate that later in their professional life, graduates from petroleum engineering departments all over the world have to cope with problems with this limited knowledge which is often in the form of fundamental theory. Graduate programs are very useful not only for the specialization necessary to handle specific problems that are encountered in industry, but also for providing the skills that are required to follow the technological innovations in the field of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering.
In the light of these necessities, the objectives of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering program from METU Middle East Technical University can be summarized as providing the specialization in the fields of Drilling, Production and Reservoir Engineering, Enhanced Oil Recovery, Natural Gas Engineering and Geothermal Energy, and also developing the skills of analysis and synthesis necessary for initiating and conducting research and development activities. The latter is of primary importance for a country like Turkey who wants not only to catch-up with the technological developments in the modern world but also to produce know-how.
- Advanced Mathematics for Engineers
- Modelling in Statistical Hydrology
- Sediment Transport
- Soft Computing Methods for Water Resources Management
- Analytical Methods in Engineering
- Computer-aided Design (Cad)
- Higher Order Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Eqns
- Programming Languages
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International Graduate Students' Registration Form: The form is expected to be downloaded by the student and filled, including the student's signature.
- ALES / GRE Score Sheet: The score sheets are valid for five years from the exact date they are announced. Students who used to be registered in one of the graduate programs of METU and then either canceled the registration on their own will or were dismissed from the program are not asked to provide a new ALES / GRE score only if they have not been registered to graduate programs of METU for one academic year at max.
- English Proficiency Score (METU EPE / IELTS / TOEFL / PTE Academic)
- One photo
- Identity page of your passport
- Residence Permit Card: Required only if the student has a residence permit card before the registration to METU.
International278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 139 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 154 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.