We are living in an age where it is possible to 3D print everything from cars to clothing and even entire houses, with scientists currently exploring the possibility of 3D printing human organs for transplant.
Gaining this qualification is your chance to be at the forefront of a huge growth area, with major international companies such as Boeing, Adidas and the NHS investing heavily in 3D print technology. This innovative new masters programme offers hands-on training in the fascinating field of digital manufacturing, and aims to educate and develop industry-ready professionals.
A wide range of units will develop your skills in computeraided design, modelling and industrial sustainability. As well as 3D printing, course content has been designed to train students in all aspects of Industry 4.0, and explores The Internet of Things, generative design and even augmented and virtual reality.
The Industrial Digitalisation master degree at Manchester Metropolitan University is positioned at the cutting-edge of technology and examines how UK manufacturing could be transformed through the adoption of industrial digital technologies. As such, as part of this programme, you will visit complex technical organisations to witness the impact that is being made.
The fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0) is already underway, where physical and cyber systems work together. These cyber-physical systems are affecting every industry across the globe and are growing at a staggering pace. Manufacturing is changing and so have the tools. The digital skills and knowledge gained in this course will allow graduates to embark on, or enhance their career within Industry 4.0 and to be well-positioned to disrupt industries or businesses that have yet to make the switch. Graduates will also be well-placed to pursue a PhD following successful completion of the course.
- CAD Modelling and Product Design
- Industrial Digital Technologies
- Generative Design and the Wider Digital Realm
- Project Management and Organisations
- Project Quality Management
- Research Project in Industrial Digitalisation
- Research Methods and Skills
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
More informationGo to the official programme website
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Management, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 516 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of 2:2 in a UK Honours degree that contains laboratory or practical components is normally required. Examples of relevant degree subjects include: Engineering, Product Design and Technology, Computing and Digital Technology, Graphic Design, Fashion Design and Technology and Interior Design.
- Equivalent EU/international qualifications are also accepted.
- Applicants who don’t meet these criteria will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Other professional qualifications or degree disciplines will be considered on merit and/or with relevant professional experience.
- We may interview you as part of your application.
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Check the official programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.