The MRes in Social Anthropology with Pacific Studies at the University of St Andrews is a full-time taught postgraduate programme run by the Department of Social Anthropology within the School of Philosophical, Anthropological and Film Studies.
- The modules provide an understanding of the highly complex social, political and cultural experiences of the historic populations of the Pacific.
- Small class sizes ranging from two to ten students encourages student-led seminars and discussion as well as more contact with supervisors.
- Students are equipped to work with non-government organisations and multinational corporations with interests in the region.
CareersSocial Anthropology graduates have characteristics many employers seek and a Social Anthropology degree provides openings to a wide range of careers. Our graduates have gained successful employment in areas such as:
- wildlife conservation
- international policy and Pacific non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- journalism (BBC and The Independent)
- The Anthropology of Connections: Interdisciplinarity as Methodology
- Research Methods in Social Anthropology
- Anthropology of the Pacific
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 206 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
- A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree.
- personal statement (optional)
- sample of academic written work (2,000 words)
- two original signed academic references
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
International21390 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21390 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10395 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10395 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for St Andrews
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.