Even in this era of transformation for climate protection and the energy system, the fossil fuels oil and natural gas remain an essential pillar of our society. By further developing traditional petroleum engineering techniques and new fields of application, such as the storage of energy generated through renewable sources and the use of deep geothermal systems, modern petroleum engineers make it possible to place the energy supply of the future on a more environmentally friendly footing.
Jobs and careers
The demand for well-trained engineers in the field of petroleum technology and deep geothermal systems remains high. With its strong focus on practical application, the Petroleum Engineering programme of the Clausthal University of Technology qualifies graduates to carry out independent work as well as planning and leadership roles in and around the globally active petroleum industry. Such tasks include assessment and evaluation of oil and gas reserves, development and economic production, treatment of oil and natural gas, and storage and transportation of marketable products. Additional fields of professional activity involve energy storage and the use of the inner earth for geothermal energy and geological sequestration of CO2.
- Potential employers for graduates of the master’s program include:
- Companies in the petroleum industry
- Energy supply and storage companies
- Companies providing service and support functions for the industry
- Associations and public bodies
- Research facilities and universities
- Engineering firms
- Corporate consultancies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management, economics and law
- Advanced reservoir mechanics
- Advanced production and well planning
- Data acquisition and evaluation
- Reservoir modeling and simulation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 117 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree with a specialization in petroleum engineering from an accredited university (of applied sciences) or an equivalent qualification, in conjunction with good English skills.
- If the equivalence of the qualification is unclear, conditional admission may be possible.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Clausthal-Zellerfeld
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.