These include all the theoretical and practical background and the techniques necessary to conserve, restore and manage historic buildings, parts or the whole of historic towns and areas, and archaeological sites. The increase in scientific and cultural interest and the economic emphasis due to tourism have led to greater attention to this field. The curriculum aims at providing a multidisciplinary educational environment in accordance with the multidisciplinary nature of conservation.
The students of the Conservation of Cultural Heritage from METU Middle East Technical University are introduced with the necessary approaches, methodologies, and tools orientated toward the conservation of cultural properties at various scales within the framework of conservation theory and principles, and educated to gain the skills for defining and solving related problems. They also get familiar with the materials and techniques of restoration by laboratory experience. Admission is open to all candidates holding a Bachelor's Degree.
- M.s.thesis in Restoration and Conser.
- Theory of Restoration and Conservation
- Heritage Recording and in Formation Management
- Technical Legal and Administrative Aspects of Conservation of Historic Environments
- Sources, Methods and Ethics of Research in Conservation
- Historical Structural Systems
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Material Decay in Historic Structures
- Summer Practice in Restoration
- Seminar in Restoration and Conservation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Biodiversity & Conservation View 22 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International Graduate Students' Registration Form: The form is expected to be downloaded by the student and filled, including the student's signature.
- ALES / GRE Score Sheet: The score sheets are valid for five years from the exact date they are announced. Students who used to be registered in one of the graduate programs of METU and then either canceled the registration on their own will or were dismissed from the program are not asked to provide a new ALES / GRE score only if they have not been registered to graduate programs of METU for one academic year at max.
- English Proficiency Score (METU EPE / IELTS / TOEFL / PTE Academic)
- One photo
- Identity page of your passport
- Residence Permit Card: Required only if the student has a residence permit card before the registration to METU.
International278 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 139 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 154 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.