A highly worthwhile endeavor in view of the fact that architecture is essentially a net ‘borrower’ of knowledge from the annals of science: Some from the physical sciences (e.g., mechanics, optics, thermodynamics, acoustics, electricity, geology, geography, meteorology, hydrology, astronomy, et al.); some from the social, behavioral and administrative sciences (e.g., psychology, sociology, anthropology, history, economics, management, et al.) and others yet from the life-sciences (e.g., plant and animal ecology, environment management, hygiene, pollution control and containment, sewage treatment, et al.).
In more specific terms the Master of Science in Building Science at METU Middle East Technical University looks into the many-faceted aspects of concerns like:
- building management efficiency
- construction systematics
- computer aided design and manufacturing technologies in architecture
- computer-based library for construction detailing
- function-specific spaces
- energy in building design
- integrated mechanical systems
- building system design for sustainability
- environmental and room acoustics
- thermal performance of buildings
- computer modeling and simulations, etc.
- Thesis in Building Science
- Seminar in Building Science
- Building Science Workshop
- Research Methods in Building Science
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ALES score type has to be quantitative
- Two reference letters must be uploaded (at least one from academic sources).
- Statement of Purpose /including research proposal must be submitted.
- A digital portfolio and CV must be submitted.
- Interviews are held in English.
International612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 306 USD per semester during 24 months.
National34 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Resident: 140 TL/semester
- Non-Resident: 2500 TL/Semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.