The master's degree in Research in Language and Literature Teaching at University of Barcelona has been developed as a response to the growing need for research and innovation that neither general teaching nor applied linguistics can provide, since language and literature teaching requires a theoretical and practical framework that is both specific and comprehensive, a scientific basis for daily activities in the classroom.
It is designed to train professional researchers capable of analysing processes related to the teaching and learning of languages and literature, with the capacity to formulate proposals to meet contemporary challenges in linguistic and literary education.
- To acquire an understanding of the fundamental concepts and basic research methodologies involved in language and literature teaching
- To learn to undertake research in the field of language teaching and learning
- To learn to use the most appropriate methodological approaches for research into the teaching and learning of language and literature
- To develop the capacity to transfer the research results into the field of educational practice.- To learn to establish connections between research and the social challenges associated with teaching language and communication skills
On successful completion of the course, graduates will be qualified for teaching positions in various educational settings, and for research in the field of language and literature teaching.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Digital Literature
- Ethnographic Research Methodology
- Literature and the Audiovisual Field: Education, Principles of Teaching and Learning and of Research
- Oral Skills
- Principles of Research in the Teaching of Language
- Research Models in Literary Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Second period: 1 July - 4 September 2021.
DisciplinesLiterature Teaching Linguistics View 21 other Masters in Linguistics in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An official Spanish degree or, a degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue or, a qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area
- Bachelor's degree in teacher training in pre-school and primary education
- Bachelor's degree (or pre-EHEA degree) in modern languages, educational psychology, humanities, or audiovisual communication, or equivalent qualification
- Applicants must also have a good working knowledge of Spanish (C) and English (B1).
International4920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 82 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA2820 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.