The Plant Biology, Genomics and Biotechnology master's degree at University of Barcelona also prepares students to work in institutions dedicated to the conservation of plant diversity, and covers the academic training requirements of research staff who wish to pursue doctoral studies in the fields of biology, genomics and plant biotechnology.
Plants are common components of the landscape and essential elements in the maintenance of natural ecosystems, but they are also the basis of human nutrition and of a wide variety of products and raw materials of interest in different productive sectors.
The integrated knowledge of the physiological, biochemical and genetic bases associated to the growth and development of plants, as well as of the mechanisms involved in their interaction with the environment, is essential to address new biotechnological strategies of interest for very diverse industrial sectors.
Career options include both basic research and practical applications in the field of plant biology.This Master's degree will train you as a professional qualified to work in academic and research sectors pertaining to universities, research centres and institutes, and R&D departments of biotechnological and/or plant improvement industries.Additional career options include the identification and conservation of plant germplasm (germplasm collections, botanical gardens, etc.), identification and evaluation of plant drugs used both in the pharmaceutical and food industry; with particular emphasis on identifying and evaluating transgenic food.The master's degree also meets the academic needs of research staff who wish to undertake their PhD studies in the area of Plant Biology and Biotechnology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Plant Genomics
- Plant Molecular Biology and Plant Genetic Engineering
- Plant Physiology and Metabolism
- Work Placement
- Plant Development and Environmental Responses
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Academic record of higher education with the details of the subjects studied, ECTS (or hours), calls for applications, grades by subject and the overall grade (average grade of the academic record in scale of 0 - 10).
- Title associated to the academic file presented in the previous document (if you do not have it, you can send it to us later).
- CV with justification of merit that includes: research experience, publications, professional experience, stays abroad, scholarships and research grants (if applicable).
- Motivation letter (not compulsory but recommendable, if you add it you can have an extra point).
- A basic knowledge of English (B1) is needed to be able to correctly follow the theoretical classes.
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 75 EUR per credit during 12 months.
EU/EEA2820 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.